So today I went shopping. -_-
Okay, normally I would avoid, at ANY costs, going shopping. As in shopping for clothes.
Grocery shopping I’m cool with, as is stationery and, I don’t know, other shopping. I just HATE shopping for clothes.
Unfortunately, as I discovered a couple days ago, I didn’t have many pants to wear. Seriously, I had to throw out half of them, because they didn’t fit.
Sooooooooo, we went shopping today, with my mum and grandma.
Not to dis mothers and grandmas all around, but really, sometimes your fashion choices are… questionably doubtful.
So you may not understand why I was all, EUGHHHH, when it comes to shopping, and here’s why.
- I don’t shop. Period. Like, I’ve been on about 5 shopping trips. about 1 or 2 out of them were for shoes, and they were a see-something-that-fits-okay-let’s-go trip. I’ve never been a oohh-let’s-go-here-ahh-pretty-top-nah-what-about-this-one-oh-let’s-try-this-shop-instead girl. I just didn’t grow up like that. My free time was spent reading, drawing, watching clouds (yes I actually did that), and more reading. I’m a book girl, and consequently, it’s not until about 3 years ago that I actually paid much attention to what I was wearing. Furthermore, I thought shopping was pointless, because I didn’t care about my appearance, so I didn’t do much of it. Grocery shopping, however, hello, everyone needs food, so I’m okay with that.
- I’m actually really conscious of my body. Like size and weight. As in, I see a pretty top/pants/dress and I’m afraid I won’t fit.
- Shopping involves money. Money which my mum has. As a result, about 80% of the shopping I do, like 4 out of the 5 trips I’ve had, is done with my mum because she has the money. Which makes my sooo uncomfortable because I tried once, to pick out a top I liked which didn’t even cost that much!! Aaaand… she gives me that “Hmmm, how about… no.” look. And proceeds to choose another. So yeah, it’s awkward.
Anyways, if you think I’m weird, ahahaha, please tell me in the comments, 😛
Have a lovely rest of the day/night! 🙂
And sisters everywhere. I’m sure you will agree.
*Note: I’m not trying to be vulgar. If I come across as that, then I do very much apologise. 🙂 Just open your mind, and don’t take it so seriously.*
They don’t get periods.
Yes. They don’t get their monthly nasties.
Seriously. No where in The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter (Especially when they go camping in the last novel), The Lux Series, or Twilight (except for that book where she figures out she’s pregnant because she missed her period), do any of the heroines have their periods!
And it’s seriously not fair!! Because even though, say in the Hunger Games, Katniss doesn’t get her monthly (or it isn’t recorded anyway), she can still have children.
But okay, maybe it’s a GOOD thing they don’t have their periods!
Here’s a list of examples of what I mean:
- Katniss: Well, it’d be pretty hard to fight, wouldn’t it? I mean, picture this, Katniss, standing still, feet shoulder width apart, arrow notched, two (or is it 3?) fingers on the bowstring, draws her arm back, elbow out…. CRAMP. Eughh… not a pleasant thought.
- Annabeth: *draws knife/dagger (this was before Tartarus)* DIIEEE MOSTER SCUUU- Oh crap, not TODAY!! Mmm-hmm, awkward.
- Clary: Same, kind of like Annabeth, oh wait, I’ve got one. City of Fallen Angels: Clary is in Shadowhunter training with Jace. And it’s her time of the month. For those of you you have read one, half or all of the books: YOU KNOW JACE. Yeah. Just IMAGINE trying to come up with an excuse why you can’t train, withoutACTUALLY telling him. I’m thinking he’ll probably guess with the first 2 minutes, but he’ll play dumb for his own amusement.
- Hermione: Okay, okay. The Deathly Hallows: Camping with Ron and Harry. Just try and explain to them why you need a bin in the bathroom. Alright, they might understand why but… say you’re on the run from Voldemort, Death Eaters and the Snatchers. AND YOU NEED TO EMPTY SAID BIN. The bin, or your life. 😛
- Kat: Daemon’s personality is very much like Jace’s. I.e. you’ll struggle to politely tell him why you can’t *insert activity of your choice here* and he’ll figure it out, play dumb, and smirk at you.
- Bella: Ah well. She’s got the best of both worlds: she’s had a kid, and at 18 turned into a vamp,, which means at 18 her periods have stopped. I’m just a bit jealous.,. if that’s the right word to use.
Anyways! So there are my 3 reasons why I’d like to be a heroine in a story.
If you have any more reasons why, please leave them in the comments below, and I’ll check them out!
Also, if you have not read any of the series mentioned; PLEASE DOOO!!!
There is a reason why I chose them specifically! 😀
Until next time, take care!
Reason Deux (French for 2):
Um, HELLO! They all have attractive, caring love interests who aren’t jerks!!
Not to hate on the male population, because there are guys are there who are decent , but a guy who treats his girl with respect, love and care is what us girls all dream of. Hmm, maybe once they get past the teenage stage, and start to mature?
Anyhoo, here’s the list again:
- Anabeth: Percy (To be honest… Percy is one of my many book crushes,.. I mean, black hair and sea-green eyes, plus a witty humour, PLUS the fact he’d do anything for Annabeth… yeah. Did I mention he’s the son of Poseidon? He’s pretty damn powerful.) [I chose a picture of Percy and Annabeth, because, I don’t know, this version just fits what I think he looks like better]
- Clary: Jace (Hello? He’s hot, can kill demons, and has plenty o’ sass. He’s loyal, and would die for Clary. Actually I’m pretty sure he already has……..) [again I thought fanart was the better option here]
- Hermione: Ron (He’s pretty cute, and he really does care for Hermione. It’s really lovely.)
- Kat: Daemon (Well, for starters. His NAME. OMG. Um, plus he’s said to have black hair, and bright green eyes, spring grass green. Plus he’s incredibly hot, can shoot light, and is an alien. Yup.)
- Bella: Edward (Hmm. He’s apparently tall, boyish looking. He’s initially attracted to Bella because her blood smells nice. Yah. He wants to eat her. Drink her blood, same difference. BUT IT’S OKAY! He sparkles.)
To be fair to the Twilight fandom, I personally loved the story. AND Edward dearest is a gentleman and cultivated and I loved Edward and Bella’s story of first love. Also, I must say, that I did NOT write that the heroines have PERFECT love interests. These guys, however hot and lovable still have a couple of flaws. Which I’ll go through quickly.
WARNING: IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE SERIES FROM WHICH THESE CHARACTERS CAME FROM, THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW.
Gale: Is assumed to have killed Katniss’ sister.
Peeta: Re-programmed to have a “death-to-Katniss” setting.
Percy: Kinda insensitive, sometimes, and totally unaware of his hawtness…
Jace: A jerk when offended. Plus, for while, us TMI fans thought he has Clary’s brother. Eww.
Ron: The jerk walked left Hermione and Harry when searching for Horcruxes.
Kat: Okay, Daemon was a TOTAL douche bag when he first met her. Seriously. But that makes their love all the more sweeter when it came.
So yeah, sorry it took so long folks! I was kind of tied up in other stuff… namely, school. Hahaha, stay tuned, because part 3 is coming out real soon, and that’s the best part.
Number 1: They ALL have one UNIQUE, special talent that defines them. For example…
- Katniss (The Hunger Games): Can shoot really well. And can kill people…
- Annabeth (Percy Jackson): Being a daughter of Athena, she’s incredibly wise and smart; knows her battle tactics, and can kill monsters…
- Clary (The Mortal Instruments): *SPOILER ALERT*…………………………………………………… Is part angel, and so can create runes, and can kill demons
- Hermione (Harry Potter): Is super smart, and a really talented witch, and can make people SUFFERRRR….
- Kat (the Lux Series, do check it out): Killed an alien when she was a human. Has been mutated, and now has alien DNA, and can shoot light and do all this kewl stuff, and can… kill humans and aliens…
- Bella (Can’t forget the Twilight fandom): When she was a human… her blood smelled nice? Umm, as a vamp, she now can block people from reading her mind and can protect others, in a mental sense. She also sparkles. Which is also cool.
I have this obsession with accents. In particular, British accents. Like English ones. Not Scottish, so much, or Irish, although they’re cool too. I would kill to get a British accent, or get a boyfriend who has one.
Okay, that sounded really shallow.
But you get the idea.
British accents are awesome.
Ask me why, and I really don’t know. I mean, I don’t particularly find American accents, or French accents attractive. That doesn’t mean you people aren’t attractive, if you’re American or French, ahaha, I just don’t have the same fascination with them.
Maybe it’s because I, personally, don’t have an accent. I mean, if I did, it’s a very light one.
Because I know for to speak French (yeah I learn French), you mainly use the back part of your throat and sometimes, the nose for nasal sounds. And Americans use their noses to when speaking. And Chinese people don’t use the throat or the nose, just the mouth, which is why my uncle from Guangzhou sounds weird when speaking English. That and his… questionable English grammar.
But back to British accents.
It also doesn’t help that the actor I have a celebrity crush on, IS British, and has a British accent.
Have a look at his face:
I know, I know.
And this one?
Uh yeah. You get the idea.
This gorgeous, talented (yes, he’s not only good for his looks folks) creature, MIGHT have something to do with my British accent obsession…
Um two other gorgeous men are…. Jack and Finn Harries from JacksGap (Youtube)
Well with all these hot British men with lovely British accents, I might just go there and get myself one. I’m talking about both the accents AND the men.
So today, a band called 3union came to our school to perform, from America. Where? I don’t know, ahaha, sorry. Google them. 😉
They are a Christian band, but not all of their songs are about Christianity, so don’t let that stop you from checking out their songs. For me (yes I’m a Christian, don’t judge, because I wouldn’t judge you), they are AWESOME!! It’s so refreshing to be preached to by people closer to my age. And they were very encouraging. 🙂
[Check them out!!: http://www.threeunion.com
Um anyways, I did some research after their concert, at home, and found out that they had been all over the US, and around Sydney, and they’re also touring New Zealand. They even went to Lebanon to perform. WOW.
Which is great! And they’re really young too.
And it all serves to make me feel, kind of insignificant. I mean, they’re such successes, at such a young age, and don’t get me wrong, I’m REALLY happy and proud of them.
But it just jolted me to realise, you can be a part of the mosh pit, or you can stand on the stage; in the spotlight.
Like when they performed today. They encouraged us to come closer, and in the end we kind of all formed a giant lump of peoples, ahaha. There were so many students, but only the 3 of them onstage.
And then I kind of thought to myself, when you leave school, will you be a person who will change others for the better? Are you going to make a difference? Are you going to leave an imprint on others, if not on the world, or maybe even history itself?
You’re one person out of many, many, many others.
What are you going to do to make yourself stand out?? Why do you matter??
Well that was what I asked myself. Because it really scared me to think… my purpose to life, well, it could very well not matter to the rest of the world. Not trying to sound arrogant or snobby, but I’d rather not live my life without making a change.
So signing off for today, I’d like to leave you with a few thoughts:I guess 3union just proves that the world is really big, but well, it’s your oyster if you make it be.
I live in Australia, in case you didn’t know, ahaha, and summer is right around the corner!! Well, it’s only the start of spring, but yeah, you get what I mean.
And for me, well, Australian students, it kind of signifies the beginning of the end of another year. Yeah, Americans, we’re backwards here.
Hmm. I don’t know. I feel like life is moving far too fast for me. Why can’t it just stop, for one day, pause, and let me take in my achievements, failures, dreams and reality?
I don’t know. Have you ever asked yourself, looked back and asked yourself, what the heck? Where have all my days gone? What have I spent them on?
And the thing is, most of the time, we don’t know. Well, that’s true for me. I look back and say, well I’ve learnt this, this and that. But have I lived every day to its fullest, made people smile, laughed at myself, made new friends, and never regretted a moment? It’s part of the reason I made this blog.
This spring break I want to challenge myself.
I would like to stop.
To feel, smell, taste, hear, see.
And to be truly aware of each passing moment.
It’s not easy.
This spring, for one day. I just want to live in the moment.
Anyways, I’d like to leave you with some lyrics from Natasha Bedingfield’s (kind of old, but still awesome) song,
“Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten”
YOLO, guys!! (But in a good way, like, don’t do drugs)
Have a great day/rest of a day/evening/night!! 🙂